UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
The Sustainable Development Goals are a call for action by all countries – to promote prosperity while protecting the planet. The ASB program recognizes that community engaged learning must go hand-in-hand with global initiatives that empower students to make a difference. Each experience is built around addressing at least one of the Global Sustainable Development Goals, this helps contextualize the experience and how the experience links to a higher purpose.
For more information see the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals: 17 Goals to Transform Our World.
What are the goals?
- No Poverty
- Zero Hunger
- Good Health and Well-being
- Quality Education
- Gender Equality
- Clean Water and Sanitation
- Affordable and Clean Energy
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure
- Reduced Inequalities
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- Climate Action
- Life Below Water
- Life on Land
- Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions
- Partnerships for the Goals