Orientation Serves for Community Partners
Thank you for all of your participated in this year’s unconventional OServes. Once again, we were happy to welcome Western University’s incoming students and connect them to the London community through meaningful volunteer opportunities. This could not have been accomplished without the support of community organizations like yours.
This year, on September 12, Western students were able to:
- Write letters to seniors in our community
- Assemble 1000 hygiene packages to be distributed to those in need
- Participate in focus groups with community partners
- Develop social media content
- Brainstormed plans to safely re-open recreation opportunities during this pandemic, and
- Provided virtual musical performances
All activities took place either virtually or in small groups on Western’s campus with physical distancing measures in place.
What is OServes?
OServes is an opportunity to introduce Western students to your organization and the greater London community during their first week at the university. Western is committed to ensuring that students are engaged and connected to the larger London community.
Next year, Orientation Serves will take place on Saturday, September 11, 2021. We will be reaching out to community partners for volunteer opportunities during the summer month of 2021.